Wednesday, December 9, 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch!- Playing with Layers in White

This week's challenge over at CAS(E) this Sketch! left my mind racing in a hundred different directions...


My first thoughts because of the holidays were snowflakes, Christmas trees, stockings, and ornaments, but I knew there was something else stirring deep in the recesses of my brain LOL....my totally unused Wildflower Garden dies from Ellen Hutson! A little watercoloring and lots of layers and here's my card: 



Finding the layout for all the flowers was a ton of fun for a spatially challenged person such as myself LOL, just ask my brothers :) I used some Peerless watercolors and a Pitt marker to outline the flower in black for an accent. I curved the sentiment on the stamping block and stamped it in the white space created from the layout. I can't wait to put this card in the mail to a friend!

Thanks for stopping in today :) Have a great hump day!

Deidre



9 comments:

  1. Oh, this is beautiful! I love it! Fabulous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW..... bright, beautiful and a perfect (and unique!) interpretation of the sketch. LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love white on white! Congrats on Favorite at CTS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous design! Love all the white with the pop of colour in the corner!

    ReplyDelete