Tuesday, January 12, 2016

CASology 180: Open

This week at the CASology challenge blog, we're hoping to spark some interest 
with the cue card: OPEN. What a...well...open concept :)


I knew I wanted to stamp into the open space, but how to add interest was the challenge. 
I took my swivel tip X-Acto blade (this tool is in regular rotation for me) 
and cut the heart out...eek, that doesn't sound nice lol. 
I popped up the entire card front and stamped the sentiment 
on some red cardstock to layer behind the open heart. 

I really like the depth it created on this CAS design.


If you've followed my cards, then the dotted coloring technique 
on this cow should look familiar :) The body of the cow is colored
using W1 and I used a few Es to color the spots. I love how the dots 
give some texture that's a bit against the grain of regular coloring. 
R-colored hearts finished with some Star Dust Stickles (another fave) 
and you have a cutie patootie CAS card. 

Check out the other CASology Design Team members' blogs and their inspirations
and see what our Guest Designer created this week:



Guest Designer: Rachel (Rachel's Card Corner)

I'm also playing along at the CAS(E) this Sketch! blog :) This week's sketch 
inspired my layout :)


Thanks for stopping by and get working on your "open" card :)

Deidre

13 comments:

  1. Awwww this is sooooo cute, love the coloring and the idea :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you and hope to see you play along this week :)

      Delete
  2. Brilliant card and coloring. So great to have you on the team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet card, beautifully designed Deirdre!
    Thanks for joining us at Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little cow is so adorable and I love your dotted coloring technique - I really want to try that. I'm also seriously impressed with your X-Acto cutting skills. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen :) With a swivel X-acto, it's almost like writing. You slip your finger in the top curved grip and hold it almost like a pencil!

      Delete
  5. Deidre a fabulous idea for the cue. I am not so good with my X-acto-lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! :) I like this card, this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to agree with Jen, your X-acto skills are amazing! Love the addition of stickles, and your spotted colouring adds such interesting texture!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very precise cutting Deirdre....I only could have done that with a die! Love the rounded corner too - nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is adorable and I love the little cow xx

    ReplyDelete