Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Crazy Bird at CASology

We have the perfectly fun cue card for you to play along with this week at CASology: DISTRESS. The "normal" crafting world would immediately think Distress Inks, Sprays, Stains, etc. But oh no, I immediately felt this summed up my week in the pharmacy in one awesome word :) Thanks to Tim Holtz' Crazy Birds stamps and Dyan Reaveley's Say It How It Is stamps, I think I nailed this one.




Can't you just feel how distressed this little birdie is with his twitchy eye (me all week), all colored with Distress Markers (Faded Jeans, Crushed Olive, Pumice Stone, Vintage Photo). I can even count this for The Daily Marker 30 Day Coloring Challenge.

Swing by the other CASology Design Team members' blogs and check out
their awesome cards and our Guest Designer's card this week :)



Guest Designer: Annie (Pawsitive Thoughts by Annie)

 The super amazing Lawn Fawn is our sponsor this week!
I hope you'll pull out all the stops (or inks and such) and play along this week :)


More about me:
I truly hope no one is offended by this, as I have a brother with Bipolar Disorder and mental health is no joking matter to me. But I have learned from him, that it's okay to laugh; it's life, it's hard, but it's okay to enjoy the good and the bad. 

Thanks so much for stopping by and I love to read your comments and answer any questions!

xoxo Deidre



10 comments:

  1. This is absolutely delightful. Love the way you colored this crazy bird, and the sentiment is so spot on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you took a negative word and made a funny, funny card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an adorable and funny card! I can think of a few friends that I could give that card to and get a laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very true statement at the end of your post, Deidre. A sense of humor is a must have in order to get through life! And clearly you have a fabulous sense of humor. Your birdie and perfectly paired sentiment totally cracked me up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deidre what a fun card and I LOVE your mug, how brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!! Love this. What a great sentiment and CAS design!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that this made you laugh. Thanks for stopping by Katherine :)

      Delete
  7. Thanks Cynthia :) Glad you got tickled by this and it could give you a good laugh; it's the best medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I laughed big time!!! I totally agree, a sense of humour is a must! I need to remember that more often when the frazzle-meter is off the chart! Awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, indeed, you need to keep your sense of humor in life...and hey, who among us is perfect anyway? I frankly LOVE this card and now I want that sentiment set (I already have the birds!)! Such a great card, Deidre!

    ReplyDelete