Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Keep CALM at CASology



This week we're tapping into our inner Zen.
I was amazed by the interpretations by the DT of this cue card
and can't wait to see what you create!


I wanted to use a floating lotus blossom. The water is so peaceful to me. I had the perfect stamp set from STAMPlorations (Lotus Love). I stamped the lotus flower first, then masked it off so that I could stamp the lily pad. I colored everything in using Zig Clean Color brush pens and did some watercoloring. The sentiments that I used on this card were from Simon Says Stamp (One With Nature). The last little step I did was to sponge on some Blueprint Sketch Distress Oxide ink around the bottom.

Time to float over to the DT blogs and see what they created



Guest Designer: Shona







Don't forget - our summer challenges are 2 weeks long! Thanks for stopping by.

xoxo Deidre

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card. Love that inking along the bottom. Great masking and coloring and a wonderful choice of sentiments. Thanks for joinng us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the soft inking...gorgeous card!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Deidre! Love the soft blue on kraft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card! Your use of color really makes it stand out. Thank you for playing with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments and hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your coloring technique with the brush pens and water coloring are beautiful. I love the peaceful feel of your card. Thanks for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply stunning! So pretty and serene. Thanks for joining us at HSS.

    Robbie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog you have, thanks for posting

    ReplyDelete