Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Washi what we did at CASology!

One of my most fabulous friends: "Wiki tape?? Wacky tape?? Widget tape??"
Me: "No; washi tape (LOL)!"

Regardless of what you call it, CASology is gonna challenge you to use it...and give you some inspiration to crash your stash and finally use it to do more than hold dies in place or tape down your watercolor paper---guilty as charged :)



I'm an addict for anything floral and this Mondo Magnolia die from Essentials by Ellen Hutson is totally gorgeous!

This card was super easy to make too.
  • Pick out 3 different washi tape patterns and use to cover 3 pieces of cardstock that you're going to die cut (1 for each layer of the flower).
  • Run each layer through  your die cutting machine.
  • Adhere the largest layer directly to the card base.
  • Add 2 layers of foam tape to the middle layer.
  • Add 4 layers of foam tape to the center. 
Dimension, dimension, dimension, but still CAS!! The sentiment is from the matching stamp set. I loved this mix of patterns!

Crafty tip:
Intentionally offset each row of tape as you add it to the paper so the design on each layer doesn't appear so matchy-matchy (best demonstrated here with the yellow and white chevron washi).


The DT has really "rolled out" some awesome inspirations that will surely "stick" with you! 
Head on over to their blogs and show them some love.




Deidre Payne (you're here)

Let's see your funkiest, prettiest, underused washi designs! Have a great day :)

I'm also playing along at Addicted to CAS 

xoxo Deidre

5 comments:

  1. Very creative idea Deidre! That magnolia always looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha! Love your post title! :) Also love that big, bold bloom - it's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic way to use Washi tape. I love your big bold flower and all the fabulous layers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deidre, I would have such a hard time not making my strips of washi matchy-matchy! I have issues, what can I say?! I love your gorgeous layered flower, and your flare for art shines through on this card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So good!! All of it! Your post cracked me up big time too! I liked that matchy matchy tip too! Filed that one for future use!

    ReplyDelete