Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Come LOL at CASology

I hope you're ready for a really fun week with the new challenge at CASology! Our cue card will have you in stitches thinking of ways to play along. This week we want to see your take on the cue card: LAUGH. Here's my card for the week:



How many different ways do you text people to show them you think something's funny?? Well, here are just a few of my usuals...and I even censored myself :) If you're a textaholic like me, I bet you've seen all of these!

Supplies: 
Penny Black "Chat Bubbles" dies, vellum, Simon Says Stamp "Grunge Alphabet" stamp set, Detail white EP, Hero Arts Stamp and Cuts "Thanks" coordinating set, Hero Arts Unicorn pigment ink, Ranger Ink Heat Tool, Xyron Creative Station, kraft cardstock

Ways to make working with vellum easy:
  1. Color on the backside using long even strokes to prevent streaks. I used Sharpie brush markers here. *Don't put your grubby little fingers in the ink until you've hit it with some light heat from a heat tool or you'll leave enough prints for the cops to pick you up :)
  2. When using embossing powder on vellum, heat the opposite side for a few seconds first, then the side with the embossing powder. It prevents the paper from warping. *Keep your heat tool moving too so you don't end up with a melted mess on your craft table.
  3. To make your adhesive invisible...wait for it...use a sticker maker! I used my Xyron Creative Station; you get a full layer of sticky goodness on the back of your vellum.
I love how all the layers of colors are still visible, but it's really just a one-layer CAS card. Oh vellum, how I adore thee :)

Alrighty, enough giggling with me. Shake a tail feather over to the 
other DT members' blogs and have some fun there too!



Go give a big hello to our sponsor for this week too! Pink and Main, we thank you! As always, the comments section is waiting on you :) Have a great week and can't wait to see what makes you chuckle!

xoxo Deidre 

7 comments:

  1. I love everything about this card, Deidre! The colored vellum bubbles are brilliant on the kraft base!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool - love the colours and the fun sayings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vellum speech bubbles and all those fun ways to say laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant! Love those overlapping speech bubbles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am text addict
    can I have your Whatsapp number Deidre
    cool I really love your idea and I know LOL and Hehehe plus RoFL cause in germany they have another words
    Love your fun card
    And I am so happy today joining you also at CASology post..
    see you around Deidre

    ReplyDelete
  6. So creative to use vellum! Love the punches of color on the kraft Deidre.

    ReplyDelete