Wednesday, July 2, 2014

HB2U (that's Happy Birthday to You)

I love when I get a special request for a card from a friend...and they have no idea what they really want...BUT will allow me to flex the left side of my brain and be creative.

As most crafters will note, cards for guys are especially challenging. Color schemes are different, the use of most cutesy animals are limited, and oh goodness, I have to restrain myself from dusting the card with my usual touches of sparkle and glitter :) With that in mind, I created this birthday card for a friend's brother who loves to spend time hiking in the woods.



The background is a photo I took in a nearby park of the treetops and the sun. After converting it to a deep sepia tone, I printed it on cream cardstock. I colored 3 different leaf and pine needles stamps using Distress Markers and cut them out with a Creative Memories postage stamp punch. 

*tip on coloring stamps with markers- after coloring them, give them a little huff of your breath to moisten the ink again. It will give a clearer impression :)

A little backers twine and embossed sentiment and I love it!

Thanks for stopping by :)

No comments:

Post a Comment