Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Lazy Summer Day

I love the summer; the long sunny days, warm nights, cookouts, drinks on the patio, time with family and friends, vacations, and my birthday! And some very loved family and friends, some greatly appreciated troops, and a few random strangers will be on the receiving end of my shenanigans :)

I'm kicking off with a polaroid-inspired card just to say hi. I gravitated to this trend and made card after card of this style. I love how it becomes the focal point while leaving space to embellish. It's also a great challenge for me to create the entire "snapshot" of my picture in this little space.







I started by distress inking my background onto watercolor paper to resemble a sunny sky above grass. I stamped the little lounging hedgehog (I love these Penny Black stamps!) and used Distress Markers to watercolor him and the flower. A wink of stella pen for some sparkle, a bit of fussy cutting and foam adhesive for dimension, some Distress Paint on the picture frame, and viola! You have your polaroid!




Thanks for stopping by and make it a great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment