Sunday, September 6, 2020

Clever Dexter Challenge is Hitting the Books

I'm having a blast guest designing over at the Clever Dexter Challenge blog! What a great concoction we're crafting with this month! The 9th challenge is perfect for the new school year,  with a twist of color.

Stampers Delights is such a great sponsor and has gifted their digi stamps to use for this Clever Dexter Challenge.


I'm using the Story Time and Chibi School Girl Jill images (which I flipped and resized two additional times) to create a scrapbook page that would be great for a school-themed page. I use Photoshop Elements with my digi stamps to truly personalize my layouts.


In sticking with the color inspiration for this challenge, I used the same colors for her outfits, but just switched up each article of clothing. This was a lot of Copic coloring fun. I love how Stampers Delight images have just enough detail to give you some idea of how to color, but still leave it up to your imagination. I even handwrote the subjects on the book spines.

Colors (loads of them):
Skin: E11, E13, E15
Hair & Shoes: 100, C9, C7
Eyes: E37
Lipstick: R29
Clothing: Yellows: Y02, Y06, Y15
Pinks: RV00, RV02, RV04
Teals: BG11, BG23, BG57
Books: see Ys, Rs, & BGs above plus YR000, YR02, YR14
Purse: C5, C3, C1



I added bits and pieces of ephemera from my stash to ground my images...I didn't want them standing in space :) Also, the Story Time (book image) digi stamp is perfect for journaling and adding a couple of photos.


I hope you want to join this Clever Dexter Concoction! 
Hit the Book, maybe use our colors, grab a couple of Stampers Delights digis (though not required to win), and make something awesomely creative!

Thanks for stopping by!







1 comment: