Friday, April 15, 2022

Spring Floral Couture

Thanks for popping in today! I'm sharing a card I made using a fabulous digi stamp from Polkadoodles over at the Clever Dexter Challenge blog


Sometimes I know exactly what I want to do with a card...and sometimes I surprise myself LOL. I knew that I wanted to used watercolors (our theme this month) and some of our optional palette colors for the flowers, the rest of it just came together. I'd love to hear in the comments below what your process is like!

This gorgeous digi stamp is from Polkadoodles and is named Primrose, The Darling Buds. When I saw they had provided this beautiful image, I couldn't wait to play up the flowers. All I did was flip the orientation so she faced right. I did copy and resize some of the flowers to use separately on the corner of the card. Then the real magic happened with my Peerless watercolors. If you haven't used these before, they're totally worth it and last forever! And they're portable because they're sheets of paper color instead of tubes or bottles of paint. A few Stickle dots for shine in the center of the flowers and on her dress, and this card was another one for the books :)

TIP: Want to leave something white, but play with just a hint of dimension, use the oh-so-faintest shadowing of light gray. It makes the white look whiter. I used a C1 Copic marker and softened the edge with the Colorless Blender 0. Check it out on my Instagram page.


I hope you want you to join us! 

PRIZE FROM OUR SPONSOR


Don't forget to check out the sparkles on my Instagram page. Thanks for stopping by! 


I'm also playing along at The Card Concept.
I was inspired by the colors and the flowers.


xoxo Deidre :)

Supplies
Peerless Watercolors: Robin's Egg Blue, Olive Green, Geranium Pink, Jacqueminot Pink, Daffodil Yellow
Distress Ink: Citron
Dress (Copics): C1, Colorless Blender 0
Hair (Copics): C9, C7, C5
Skin (Copics): E11, E13, E15
Sentiment: Doodlebuds (by WPlus9)

No comments:

Post a Comment