Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Tag You're It Challenge #31

It's getting a little cooler and the leaves are turning colors here despite the rain last week. This has to be one of the prettiest times of the year. 

I happened to pop in over at the Tag You're It! challenge blog and saw the inspiration tag was perfect for the season- a beautiful tag with a gold leaf and bright orange and teal accents. I knew it was time for me to get my feet wet with a technique that I hadn't tried yet...granted, I bought the supplies a year ago lol. It didn't let me down!


the inspiration tag

My Tag :)



The star of the show for my tag is the gold leafed branch with leaves and acorns. To achieve this look, I:
  1. Stamped the branch on a piece of kraft paper with clear Versamark embossing ink
  2. Used Judikins Sticky Stuff Embossing Powder. This stuff is amazing! You have to heat it twice to set it. First, you melt it with a heating tool just until it turns clear. I always do it from the bottom because it's a larger grain than most embossing powders and can be blown off. This makes the surface sticky and you can apply other media to it...in this case variegated (a fancy word for multi-colored) gold leafing.
  3. Gently brushed away the excess gold leafing with a stiff brush
  4. Heated the Sticky Stuff and leafing the second time, from the bottom, to set the leafing in place permanently.


I totally recommend giving this a try! Thanks for stopping by :)

Deidre

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, spectacular results! Beautiful branch! And beautiful bg too! The soft woodsy look is the perfect accent for the golden leaves. Thank you adding this beauty to the lineup at TYI!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, great idea to emboss the vellum. Thank you for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete