Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Tag You're It! Clear Tags

It's been a great Christmas break, but back to the daily grind...and dusting the cobwebs off the creative centers in my brain :) I'm jumping in on the Tag You're It! challenge that provided a beautiful clear tag as inspiration. 

Here's my tag:





The flower and diagonal lines of the layout on the inspiration tag really caught my attention.

I bought the Fuse tool about 2 months ago and hadn't even taken it out of the bag. Heated plastic here I come lol! I created the tag from a sheet protector by using a metal tag die as the template. Since it's metal, I was able to run the Fuse tool along the edges to create the tag. I sealed it on three sides, filled it with sequins and gold star confetti, then sealed the top edge. 

I was super excited to open my Christmas gift from my bf and find that he'd gotten me none other than...wait for it...the Brother Scan-n-Cut 2 (squeal)! I put it to great use cutting out those little bees that I stamped on watercolor paper after I'd swiped it through a combination of Silk acrylics first. It even cut those bee antennae!! The honeycomb and flowers were die cut from Sizzix- Tim Holtz dies. I then used a red and orange Gelato to color the flowers, spritzed with Heidi Swapp gold spray, and dotted the centers with White Opal Liquid Pearls. I used Glossy Accents to adhere everything to the clear tag.

What I learned:
  1. Acetate sheets were too thick to fuse together...maybe it was user error :)
  2. Sheet protectors will melt (trust me) so practice first.
  3. Let your glue dry completely before manipulating because the slick surface of a sheet protector provides no grip for your scene :)
I definitely say try your hand at this. There's something about the transparency of a tag like this that makes you appreciate it. Thanks for stopping by!

Deidre :)

9 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun with this tag... and playing with new goodies... and your top tips for a Fuse Tool. Lovely design :)
    Thanks for joining us at Tag You're It. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm definitely adding transparent elements into my designs in the future.

      Delete
  2. Wow...lucky you to have new products to play with, and the tag that resulted is absolutely charming! Bees, flowers, a wee honeycomb...you've created a sweet scene, indeed; a delightful translation of Donna's tag! Thank you for the Fuse Tool tips and, especially, for joining us in the Tag You're It gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, love this!!! Thanks so much for joining us at Tag You're It Challenge, Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bunches and have a wonderful New Year :)

      Delete