Sunday, January 3, 2016

Merry Merry Merry

Here's one last holiday card for the road :) The CASology challenge blog wrapped up 2015 with the cue card: MERRY. As much as I wanted to do the "Deidre thing" and use a play on the word, I figured I'll have plenty of time for that with Feb 14th around the corner lol. Here's a fun way to end the holiday season:




Ok, so snowmen are my favorite winter icon and when I saw this guy, I got totally excited. This was a free digi stamp (hugs for that) from Free Dearie Dolls Digi Stamps

I wanted to make those little Christmas lights glow, so I went for my Prismacolor pencils. I own the starter set (Scholar), but had more than enough colors to choose from. I shaded the bulbs with heavy pressure, then made a light circle of color around each one and used just a smidge of gambol to give them the "glow". The lights aren't suspended from anything in the digi stamp, so I thought the cloud border from MFT would be perfect since it was snowing in the scene.  I dotted those snow flurries with Copic Opaque White ink since there were so teeny tiny. All in all, he's super fun...I mean, who wouldn't love to swing in the snow surrounded by colorful lights?? 

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful start to the New Year!

Deidre :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh my, the JOY in this card just pops off the screen! Love this! So glad you joined us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is adorable, Deidre! What a happy looking snowman!!!
    Thanks so much for joining us again over at CASology! :)

    ReplyDelete