Sunday, January 17, 2016

ATC! What's that??

Have you ever started an online search on a topic, and hours later
 realized you've gone down a rabbit hole and have no idea how you got there?? 
Well, I do it all the time lol! And this time, I love where I landed:

What's an ATC you ask? Artist Trading Card
It's a 2 ½" x 3 ½" piece of art.
Yep, that's all the real estate you get to create your masterpiece.

This challenge blog is for mixed media ATCs; the chance to really showcase
the "art" in Artist Trading Card.

This week's them is: Make It Sparkle
Here's my ATC:


I got this fairy from Vera Lane Studio. I've been dying to find a great reason
to purchase a few of her quirky cool digital stamps. This was inspired by a request
for a little girl's birthday card that I'm soon to make :)
My sparkle (which is always a challenge to photograph) is the
Stardust Stickles (love love love) on her wings and the Wink of Stella
on the heart, moon, stars, and "sparkle" in the sentiment.

It really is tiny :) I had to use tweezers to position everything lol!
I'm holding it here so you can really get a feel for the size.


Other supplies:
Bristol paper & gesso, Tim Holtz tissue paper, matte medium,
Copic markers, Dina Wakley heavy body acrylics, Gelatos

This was one of those "whoa" moments for me when I finished!
Thanks for stopping & supporting my creative journey :)

Deidre :)


4 comments:

  1. So glad you found us, and played along with such a gorgeous ATC. Great colours and layout. Thanks for joining us at Wicked Wednesday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek - how adorable! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Wicked Wednesday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) New & exciting! I'm definitely playing along in the new year :)

      Delete