Tuesday, January 26, 2016

CASology is ADORE-able!



Don't you just love Tuesday mornings?! The CASology team brings you a
new cue card this week and some great inspiration.



This was my first time EVER (even though this was version 3 of the card lol) attempting no line coloring with Copic markers. I stamped the world image from the Hero Arts Operation Write Home Epic Love stamp set in Antique Linen Distress Ink first. It totally disappeared as I brought in the green and blue Copics. I then cut out the circle by hand and on to the scary part...slapping the "you" die on top of my colored image and praying that it cut how I envisioned it in my head :)

Rookie Tips (take it from me):
  1. Use second generation stamping if you're using light colors like I did to make it really "no line". Hence a few versions :)
  2. Definitely use some washi tape to hold your die in place. This is too important to chance it, even with a magnetic spacer.
  3. Go slow removing the bits and pieces from your die and die cutting machine so you don't have to go on a scavenger hunt in your carpet like I did, lol!



And you know I had to add some sparkle to my card using my clear Wink of Stella pen! I loved this mostly neutral color scheme and how no line coloring really made for a softer look.

Hop over to the CASology Design Team members' blogs and their inspirations
and see what an "adore"-able card our Guest Designer created this week :)



Guest Designer: Jenny (Crafting in the Country)

Thanks so much for stopping by and I love to read your comments and answer any questions!

xoxo Deidre

9 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Diedre. I have never tried the no line coloring--love the effect but seems too difficult. Very cool the way you inlaid the 'you' into the earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Give a go; I'm sure you'd create something awesome :)

      Delete
  2. Deidre well done on the no-line colouring! So many techniques here--wow Topped off with inlaid? Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracey :) My brain won't stop at a technique or two most days LOL.

      Delete
  3. WOW!! LOVE this card! I love the colors that you chose. I haven't tried the no-line coloring yet yet but I will definitely remember your tips when I do. Thanks for sharing those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm no coloring wiz, but I was so inspired by others. I say start with an easy stamp (this world is just two colors really). I'd love to see your results. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  4. I still haven't been brave enough to try the no-line technique but I really need to because I love how it looks! The "you" die is perfectly placed too. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen :) Alice Wertz really knocks this technique out of the park, but I'm taking baby steps :)

      Delete
  5. Such a perfect card!! I love the you inlay! White on kraft is pretty.

    ReplyDelete