Tuesday, January 19, 2016

"Clear" the Floor for CASology

Happy Tuesday! 
CASology is back this week with a new challenge! Our cue card is: CLEAR.
Playing with acetate sheets and see-through elements is truly a challenge lol;
and photographing them with ease....ha! :)


My take on the cue card:


This background stamp from Hero Arts...OMG! So pretty!

To create this card:
I stamped the background stamp twice (once to use as the frame, and a second
to have an additional full flower to adhere inside). Plenty of fussy cutting there :)
Getting that inside flower into perfect position...wooo :) I used white embossing
powder to complete the sentiment inside by stamping "friend" so it fit 
nicely inside the acetate window. Here's a snapshot from above too.




I hope this has got your wheels turning on how to add something "clear" to your design!

Hop over to the CASology Design Team members' blogs and their inspirations
and see what a sweet card our Guest Designer created this week:



Guest Designer: Natalia (Berry Cloud)

Thanks so much for stopping by and I love to read your comments and answer any questions!

xoxo Deidre

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Diedre. Love that window and fun background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diedre, I love that beautiful window (and that pretty Hero Arts stamp!)! Very clever, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cool! and the black is so dramatic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain about photographing acetate it drives me crazy as the ones I make and love the most usually end up with a reflection of my ugly mug in them. This was a real treat loved that gorgeous flower and frame.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stamped frame is gorgeous, Deidre, and nice job lining up that flower inside. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Deidre!!! Super cute card. You did a fabulous job on the coloring of the flowers. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete